Awareness messages about eye diseases With the advent of the spring and summer seasons, some suffer from redness
The eye with constant itching, along with a lack of ability to see clearly.
An itchy sensation
Redness and swelling of the conjunctiva
• Increased mucous secretions
• Sensation of dryness in the eye.
• An increase in the secretion of tears.
• Pollen grains (from trees, grass, and crops), which abound and spread in the spring.
• winds loaded with dirt and dust
• High temperatures and sunlight (especially ultraviolet radiation), especially in summer.
• Air pollutants such as car exhaust and others.
When you have an eye allergy, you should go to an ophthalmologist in order to classify the type of allergy and treatment
suitable for her
Such as using antihistamines to relieve itching and reduce tears, as well as drops
Cortisone for difficult cases.
• Take a rest and deep sleep for health in general and for the health of your eyes on the face
• Avoid allergens, especially pollen, dirt and dust.
• Avoid sunlight, high temperatures, and places that help the emergence of allergies,
and air pollutants.
• Placing cold water compresses on the eye several times a day.
• Use original sunglasses that protect the eyes from dust, dirt and radiation
• Do not use contact lenses because they increase the symptoms of allergy.
• As for the woman, she should avoid the types of make-up that cause eye sensitivity.
• Do not rub the eye and only wash it in case of itching.
• Use medical gauze or cotton to clean the eyelid, and one of the medical drops or ointments can be used
According to the specialist doctor’s prescription to facilitate eye cleaning.
• In the case of swollen eyes, a special massage for the eyes.
Source: Saudi Ministry of Health